Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service Blog
Repair Your Goods Now
Prepare For When The Quarantine Is Lifted
Have you been cleaning out closets while you are stuck at home? Did you find a forgotten pair of favorite shoes, luggage that was stashed in a corner, or a purse that needs a little TLC? Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service is here to help. Eventually, this quarantine will be over and we will all be out and about. People will once again be able to celebrate weddings, graduations, and travel on vacation. Before that happens, get all of your items in tip top shape so you are ready to go!
Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service has over 30 years’ experience in repairing shoes, leather goods, and luggage. All of our repairs are done on site at our Altamonte Springs location. We even offer a mail in repairs option so you don’t have to travel to our location. To utilize our mail in repairs, simply go to http://www.floridashoeandluggagerepair.com/Mail-In-Your-Repairs.html, print out the form, fill out the form, and mail the form along with your repair work to our address at 931 North State Road 434, Suite 1095, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. Once we receive your items, we will call you to confirm receipt of your package and to collect payment. We will then repair your item and then send it back to you.
So, dig out those favorite shoes and let us repair them for you. We can repair or replace soles, tips, heels, and stitching. We also offer shoe stretching and orthopedic shoe modifications. We welcome all types of shoes such as boots, athletic shoes, and orthopedic shoes. After repairing your shoes, we polish and clean them.
During your cleaning spree, did you find a purse of leather bag that needs repair? We offer a wide variety of repair services for purses, handbags, and leather bags. We can repair or replace buckles, straps, stitching, zippers, and more. We can also add clasps.
We will all be ready for a vacation once this quarantine is over. Make sure that your luggage is ready to go when you are. We are an approved luggage repair shop for brands such as Skyway, Ricardo, Travel pro, Atlantic, Delsey, Victorinox (Swiss Army Luggage), and Briggs and Riley. We also service other manufacturers and luggage that is out of warranty. We can repair or replace luggage retractable handles, luggage wheels, luggage zippers, luggage zipper sliders, luggage feet, and luggage carry handles.
Use your time at home to find items that need repairs. Then, just mail them to us or bring them into our store. For more information, please call us at 407-869-7757.
Utilize Our Mail-In-Repair Service
Spring Break Getaway!
• After choosing your destination, make sure to pick out the luggage you need. Will you need large suitcases, duffel bags, backpacks, beach bags, or a combination of these items? Are you flying? Bring a personal bag and measure your luggage to determine if it fits the guidelines of the airline. Make sure to check all of your bags and if they are in need of repair, then bring them into our location.
• Before packing, make a packing list. Make sure to include essentials such as medications, driver’s license/id, boarding passes, tickets, phone, camera, hat, sunglasses, electronics, back up batteries, toiletries, sunblock, a portable hamper, and of course, clothing.
• Speaking of clothing, double check to see that every family member has the proper footwear. Do you need water shoes? Hiking shoes? Sneakers? Dressy shoes? To stick to your budget, consider repairing your current footwear instead of replacing them. Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service can help.
• Then, pack everything. You can use packing cubes, the fold and roll method, folding, compression bags, or bundling. Whatever your method, pack all of your items in your luggage and get ready for your trip!
• Spend the day at a theme park
• Explore the neighborhood on bike
• Go out dancing or take a dance class
• Take a trip to the beach
• Plan a weekend getaway to a location near or far
• Do something you’ve never done before such as playing an escape room, renting a motorcycle, or taking a helicopter ride