Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service Blog
Choosing A Travel Bag
• What types of transportation will you be using? Plane, car, trains, cruise?
• What types of travel will you doing? Camping, hotels, hostel, cruise?
• What activities will you be doing? Swimming, hiking, diving?
• What size travel bag will you need? Do you usually take short trips or long trips? Are you an over-packer? Can you fit everything in a carry-on?
• A duffel bag. This bag can carry items of varying sizes. This is often used by sports enthusiasts who need to carry their equipment. This is a flexible bag that can usually fit into an overhead compartment. A rolling duffel bag is another option for those who want to push their bag instead of carrying it. Duffel bags can put a strain on your shoulder, be too small for your needs, or be difficult to carry/wheel over rough terrain.
• A rolling suitcase. This is one of the most popular choices for travelers. This bag comes in many sizes to meet the needs of all travelers. You can purchase a rolling suitcase in carry-on size and bring it with you on a plane or you can purchase a rolling suitcase that is large and check it as baggage. The rolling suitcase gives you the option of being able to pack more items while still having the ability to maneuver it easily because of the wheels. Cons are that you may have to check your bag due to its size and rolling your suitcase over rough terrain or stairs can be difficult.
• A travel tote or shoulder bag. This item can be anything that works for you. Examples are tote bags, messenger bags, purses, and more. Many people use this item as their carry-on when traveling by plane.
Types Of Shoes For Summer Activities
• Sneakers and walking shoes are great for picnics
• Theme parks require good footwear such as sandals with arch support, sneakers, or a good pair of walking shoes to help support your feet throughout the day
Keep Your Items In Tip Top Shape
Let’s face it, shoes, luggage, and bags are expensive. After investing money and time in these items, doesn’t it make sense to keep them in tip top shape? This is where Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service comes in handy. Here are a few ways that we can help:
• Repairing your shoes, luggage, and bags can help you save money. Instead of trashing your items, bring them to us. We can replace soles, heels, stitching, tips, and more on shoes. As for luggage, we can replace luggage wheels, sliders, zippers, luggage feet, carry handles, retractable handles, and more. Bags can benefit from new zippers, stitching, straps, buckles, and more.
• We offer preventive care for your shoes. Bring them in and get rubber soles put on the bottom of your new leather-soled shoes to help them last longer.
• You are helping the environment by repairing instead of replacing your shoes, luggage, and bags. Keep those items out of the landfill and bring them in to Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service for repair.
• We can help make your shoes fit your foot. We can stretch shoes that are a little tight or add orthopedic shoe modifications.
We have 30 years’ experience in repairing shoes, leather, and luggage. We service men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes. We are also an approved luggage repair shop for Travel Pro, Atlantic, Delsey, Victorinox (Swiss Army Luggage), Briggs and Riley, Ricardo, and Skyway. We can also service other manufacturer’s and luggage that is out of warranty.
We offer a unique mail in service to help those who can’t make it to our Altamonte Springs location. To access the mail in repair service, please visit online at http://www.floridashoeandluggagerepair.com/Mail-In-Your-Repairs.html. The process is simple. Print out the form, fill it out, include it with the repair work and mail all to our address at 931 North State Road 434, Suite 1255, in Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. Once we receive your items, we will call you to give you the final price and take payment. Once your items are repaired, we will mail them back to you.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8am until 6pm. Saturday we are open from 8am until 2pm. We are closed on Sunday. For any questions, please call us at 407-869-7757.
We look forward to helping you maintain your shoes, luggage, and bags!
Spring Break Packing Tips
Spring Break is almost here! Many people choose to travel for spring break either by air, car, or on a cruise. No matter how you get to your final destination, you need to pack a bag. Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service offers these tips for packing:
• Use a packing list to keep organized. The list also helps you make sure you pack everything you need and re-pack it on the way back home.
• Roll your clothes to save space in your suitcase.
• Use zip-lock bags to separate your items. Use the bags to keep small items together. The bags are also great for putting in toiletries that might leak.
• Use the space in your shoes. Place small items in your shoes for extra packing space.
• Bring a laundry bag or other type of bag so that you can re-pack your dirty laundry without having it touch your clean laundry.
• Pack mix and match clothes that you can re-wear.
• Pack a beach bag to use to carry all of your beach essentials.
• Pack a separate carry on bag to carry all of your essentials such as identification, tickets, medication, wallet, electronics, and an extra set of clothing in case your suitcase ends up in a different destination.
• Don’t forget sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat!
Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service knows that you are highly anticipating your spring break travel. Before leaving on your trip, make sure that your bags, shoes, and purses are all in tip top shape. We have 30 years’ experience in repairing luggage, shoes, and leather goods.
Before leaving on your trip, take your suitcase out and inspect it. Do the zippers zip? Do the wheels roll? Is the retractable handle working properly? If not, bring in your suitcase to us. We can replace or repair luggage wheels, luggage zippers, luggage zipper sliders, luggage feet, luggage carry handles, luggage retractable handles, and more. We are an approved luggage repair shop for Travel Pro, Atlantic, Delsey, Victorinox (Swiss Army Luggage), Ricardo, Skyway, and Briggs and Riley.
Make sure your shoes are ready for travel. We welcome all types of shoes, boots, athletic shoes, and orthopedic shoes for repair. We can repair or replace soles, tips, heels, stitching, and more. We also offer shoe stretching and orthopedic shoe modifications. We work on men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes.
Have you noticed that your favorite tote, evening bag, or handbag needs repairs? We can help! We repair or replace zippers, stitching, straps, buckles, and more on all types of bags, backpacks, and leather goods.
We are located at 931 North State Road 434, Suite #1255, in Altamonte Springs. We are open Monday through Friday from 8am until 6pm. We are open on Saturday from 8am until 2pm. We are closed on Sundays. For more information, please call us at 407-869-7757.
Enjoy your spring break!
Looking for ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service offers these ideas:
• Go on a picnic, at night! Sit under the stars and enjoy a romantic meal together.
• Take a hike through the woods.
• Visit different restaurants for appetizers, entrée, and dessert.
• Try and escape from an escape room.
• Go ice skating or roller skating.
• Go on a scavenger hunt.
• Have a spa day!
• Jump for joy by going to a local trampoline place.
• Attend a comedy club.
• Go dancing! Country western, salsa, or ballroom, whatever you like!
• Take your loved one away on a secret trip.
• Write love letters to each other.
• Take a class together!
• Go on a ghost tour.
• Dinner and a movie.
Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service can help get your shoes, bags, and luggage in tip top shape for your Valentine’s Day surprise.
Planning on hiking, jumping for joy, or dancing the nigh away on Valentine’s Day? If so, we can make sure that your shoes are in tip top shape. We welcome all shoes, boots, orthopedic shoes, and athletic shoes. We repair soles, tips, heels and stitching as well as offering shoe stretching and orthopedic shoe modifications. We repair men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes.
Need to spiff up your handbag or leather bag for a date at a fancy restaurant or a hike in the woods? We offer a wide variety of repairs for purses and leather bags. We can repair or replace zippers, stitching, straps, buckles, and more. We can also add items such as clips.
Whisking a loved one off on a surprise trip? Make sure your luggage is ready to go. We are an approved luggage repair shop for Ricardo, Skyway, Travel pro, Atlantic, Delsey, Victorinox (Swiss Army Luggage), and Briggs and Riley. We can also service other manufacturers and luggage that is out of warranty. We can replace or repair luggage wheels, luggage zippers, luggage zipper sliders, luggage feet, luggage carry handles, luggage retractable handles, and more.
Can’t make it to our location? We offer a mail in repairs service. Just print out the form online located at http://www.floridashoeandluggagerepair.com/Mail-In-Your-Repairs.html. Fill out the form and send it along with the repair work to our address. Once we receive your repair work, we will call you with the final price and collect payment. Once the work is completed, we will mail your items back to you.
Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service is located at 931 North State Road 434, Suite 1255, in Altamonte Springs, Florida. We are open Monday through Friday from 8am until 6pm. On Saturday, we are open from 8am until 2pm. We are closed on Sunday. For more information, please call us at 407-869-7757.
Jamestown Shoe and Luggage Service wishes you a very Happy Valentine’s Day!